I received a Fine Homebuilding GREEN eLetter (newsletter) yesterday and it led me to Fernando Page Ruiz’s blog and from there to the Partnership for Advanced Technology in Housing (PATH) website.
This site led me off to lots of wonderful information including:
- ToolBase – an amazing resource for “technical information on building products, materials, new technologies, business management, and housing systems.”
- The Portland Cement Association with what looks to be a very informative FAQ page
- Concrete Foundation Association
- Insulating Concrete Forms Association
- Info on Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) for gas distribution
- Design Guide for Residential PEX Water Supply Plumbing Systems (5.3 MB PDF)
- The Plastic Pipe and Fittings Association (PPFA) section on PEX
It’s absolutely incredible the amount of information that’s available online. I can’t imagine trying to do this project at a time before this ready access to information.