Here’s a couple pictures of our paint selection process. We ended up going with the one on the corner of the house – the lighter one, not the one on the top painted board. We’ll have a cream-ish trim color and a red-ish accent color and door. They should start painting next week!
One more receptacle box. A bit of wire cleanup. Rough electrical will be done! (assuming I don’t find anything else while cleaning up and reviewing it all).
Need to fix a stud and redo some vent piping to make the stud more vertical. Need to install vents for dryer and water heater.
I’m very close on finishing everything I need for the rough inspection. I’ve got an appointment with a guy next Saturday to talk about drywall and get a bid.
- All ceiling fan boxes mounted and wired.
- Can lights on landing wired.
- Fixtures in kids bath mounted and wired.
- Master bedroom and master bath swept and vacuumed.
- Extra lumber moved outside (thanks, Jonathan)
- Wood flooring moved down from upstairs storage to kitchen area (thanks, Jonathan)
- Phone line pulled from phone box outside into house (thanks, Jonathan)
- Remaining electrical box in away room wired
- Telecom box in hearthroom nailed and wired
- installed can lights in built-in on landing
- finished cutting block for ceiling fan in second dormer
- installed boxes for plugs under built-in on landing
- Wired boxes for plugs under built in on landing
- Hung block for ceiling fan in second dormer with copious amounts of subfloor glue and some drywall screws
Completed in the last week or so:
- Ceiling fan box in the open area
- Electrical box for the track lights in the open area.
- Wall heater in the downstairs bathroom
- Ceiling fan box in the first bedroom (only the master left!)
- Scaffolding taken down (no longer needed! (until we install the ceiling fan…))
- Can lights installed in hall downstairs.
- Can lights wired in hall downstairs.
- Switches and light bulbs installed for can lights in hall downstairs.
- Now can turn on/off lights from the doorway
- Cut lumber and installed block for ceiling fan in dormer of 3rd bedroom – drywall screws and subfloor glue.
- Started to cut lumber for block for ceiling fan in dormer of 2nd bedroom.
- Cut wood and installed supporting member for one of two light fixtures in kid’s bathroom.
- Started installing box for light for above.
- Cut holes in exterior walls and ran wiring for outside plugs (3 of them). Caulked holes to keep insects and weather out.
- Moved receptacle for freezer to be 38″ off floor so that it is visible when the freezer is closed.
We bought a chest freezer a few years ago and it’s been wonderful. When we were designing our house, we created a special space just for the freezer in the utility room. Last weekend, we lost power for a few hours. Up here, it’s entirely possible to lose power for hours to days during the winter storms. During the brief weekend outage, we realized that it’ll be a lot easier to run the freezer off our generator if the plug is accessible. Now, we will be able to unplug the freezer and plug it into an extension cord going out to the generator without having to unload the freezer and move it away from the wall.